The topics Jim frequently speaks on include:
- Freehand Visions: Design Drawing in a Digital Age Jim is internationally renowned for his project work, teaching and writing that rethinks freehand design sketching to best exploit its creative strengths in a digital world. Rather than focusing on illustrative "graphics" at the end of the creative process, Jim's focus is on rapid visualization techniques for generating more and better ideas at the beginning. This fun and inspirational session includes audience participation that teaches skills and instills confidence.
- Discover! Design Thinking and the Creative Process In a world that's rapidly changing, it becomes critically important that we become very good at the fundamentals that don't change--creative problem-solving processes that can span disciplines and address challenges at any scale. This talk addresses logical design process, intuitive processes and life disciplines that build creative capacity.
- Urban Sketching: Personal Passion, Global Phenomenon Learn about the worldwide urban sketching movement, as well as Jim's favorite tools, techniques and stories, based on travel and sketching in over 45 countries around the world to date.
Conference attendee's comments:
- "I was just in awe of the thoughtfulness of your presentation. Your session was the best thing I have heard at a conference for a long time. I know it is because it was heartfelt and involved years of striving. I can’t wait for your book!"
- "Amazing lecture; by far one of my favorites. Very engaging. Well done!"
- "Best session EVER!!!!!! Great mix of education and entertainment."